'Spoonful of Sugar' Exfoliating Scrub
Gently exfoliate away rough skin & dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, clearer, softer complexion. Non-abrasive, suitable for sensitive skin, & helps control breakouts too. This scrub smells oh-so-good & turns frowns upside-down!
- 100% natural
- Size: 100g
- Returns: 30 day full satisfaction guarantee
- Australian owned and made
- Not tested on animals
** WINNER - 2017 Byrdie / Curated Beauty Awards for Best Exfoliant for Dry Skin **
We’ve had so, so many requests for an exfoliator that we just HAD to do it. And we're just beside ourselves right now because this special little scrub has won an award - so now we can officially puff out our chests and say that we've created the best exfoliant for dry skin (and other skin types too!).
We’ve called it the ‘Spoonful of Sugar’ Exfoliating Scrub. If you’re not singing Mary Poppins right now you are stronger than we are. That earworm has been with us for days … weeks even :)
But first, let’s talk exfoliation.
Exfoliation - the double edged beauty sword
It sounds a bit icky to think about but as your skin sheds its dead cells, they can hang around like a bad tenant clogging up your pores. So we exfoliate to get rid of them.
As great as exfoliating is for your skin, unfortunately it is all too easy to get wrong. Go too hard or do it too often and your will skin will scream blue murder. That’s because over-exfoliating will leave you with dull, thin and irritated skin.
BUT when you get exfoliation right Vegemite, your skin will be soft, supple and glowing.
Who needs to exfoliate?
Exfoliation can help out with a whole bundle of skin issues - so pretty much anyone who is old enough to have a skincare routine can get some skin benefits from exfoliating.
But always remember – being gentle is the key! Exfoliating can help with:
- Clearing blemished skin (however you CAN’T scrub away a blemish – if you scrub too hard you’ll end up with scarring!)
- Fading scars (including marks left over from old blemishes)
- Reducing clogged pores
- Removing scaly or flaky areas if you have dry skin
- Making your skin glow
- Softening rough skin on your hands and feet
- It can even help with ingrown hairs
Why Dark Brown Sugar?
To send those dead skin cells packing all you need to do is to bring in the big brown sugar guns once or twice a week. Gently exfoliating with a sugar scrub breaks down the glue that is holding your dead skin cells together and gives them their marching orders.
Even with its fall from grace in the food world and being blamed for all things unhealthy, as a skin exfoliator it’s truly remarkable.
- It’s a natural humectant which draws moisture into your skin.
- It has a natural glycolic acid content which is an alpha hydroxy acid – the great dead skin cell slayer.
- Dark brown sugar contains molasses. It not only smells delicious it has awesome levels of skin loving manganese, magnesium, potassium, iron and vitamin B6.
- It’s gentler than a salt for exfoliating. Because each sugar crystal has rounded edges it can be used on all skin types. It also dissolves easily in water so if you find the sugar a bit much just add a little water to soften the scrubbing effect.
Meet the Spoonful of Sugar Exfoliating Scrub
Naturally we couldn’t let that awesome dark brown sugar be a solo superstar so we added some friends into the mix.
- MSM adds some beauty sulphur the already long list of skin loving minerals.
- Bamboo is a super-fine, eco-friendly gentle exfoliation aid. It works hand in hand with the sugar to slough away those pesky dead skin cells.
- Cucumber Oil cools, soothes and calms. It is high in phytosterols and tocopherols. So while the sugar is kicking the dead skins out, cucumber oil is giving a helping hand by nourishing the new cells.
Spoonful Of Sugar will help your skin go from down-town to glow-town. Too cheesy? Probably ;)
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*,
Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil*,
Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Powder,
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit*,
Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil,
Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Oil,
Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil - Bergaptene
Unlike many online brands, we believe in complete transparency so any ingredients list you find on our website is 100% complete. No secrets here!
How to use
Mix a small amount in your hands with a few drops of water to partially dissolve. Massage into your face & neck (or hands & feet). For a stronger scrub use less water, and for a softer scrub use more water. Wash off with warm water and a soft cloth or Konjac sponge. Pat dry with a towel. Use 1-2 times per week. Follow with your favourite Happy Skincare toner & moisturiser. Store below 30 degrees C away from direct sunlight. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Use clean, dry fingers & keep out of shower to prevent moisture from dissolving your precious sugar scrub!